Monday, March 3, 2008

Welcome to my Planet-Shannon Olson


Shannon is 30, living at home, on Prozac and rather than sorting out her own life, she is more interested in her mother's. Some would say, this is to avoid thinking about her own life.

Told in a series of snippets, as if she were talking to her therapist. Which she does.

I was unable to finish this tale. On the side of every page is some writing. I found it so distracting that I found it hard to concentrate on the story. I assumed in this age of advertising bombardment that it was an attempt to advertise another book written by Shannon Olson. Which annoyed me immensely.

It wasn't until I gave up on completing this novel that i looked closer at the writing. It's the title of this book. Usually, this is put at the top of every page, where it is less disatracting.
Genre-drama,
Recommended reading for... certain women.

No comments: