Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Black Magician Trilogy- Trudi Canavan

The Magician's Guild - Even though I didn't love it straight away, I did enjoy the story. A girl from the slums manages to break through a group of magician's shields, by accident, with a stone. That simple act changes her life forever.

The Novice - I really hate books with bullies in it, and those in charge do nothing. Even though I understood the reason for it here, it still irritated me no end. Despite this I still enjoyed the story. Sonea begins her training as a magician. She is the first non-Noble allowed to train as a magician. She must face many trials through the prejudices of the 'upper classes'.

The High Lord - Things start to get really exciting. In the first book Sonea witnesses something 'forbidden'. Here she feels the full brunt of consequences that arise from this situation.

Recommended reading from 10 years old. And particularly as teen fiction.
Genre-Fantasy

No comments: