Sunday, April 13, 2008

Maximum Bob-Elmore Leonard


Elmore Leonard also wrote 'Get Shorty'. I hadn't actually read any of his work before and chose this novel due to my enjoyment of the movie,'Get Shorty'.

'Maximum Bob' is about a judge so nick-named due to the sentences he hands out. He's a bit of a red neck as are many characters in the novel. Maximum Bob sets off a chain of events when he endeavours to rid himself of his wife through shady means.

Told in the voice of each character as the plot unfolds, you get a real feel for each character. So much so that because of my dislike of the rednecks and other lowlifes, I was tempted to put this novel aside.

Although I am unlikely to read any more of Elmore Leonard's work, I can certainly see the appeal his style might hold for others.

No comments: